No. 17 Johns Hopkins (11-1, 6-0 CC) 7, McDaniel (2-10, 1-6 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) field hockey game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 10
Where: Baltimore, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins scored five goals in the second half to break open a 2-0 halftime edge and defeat McDaniel, 7-0.
• Paige Ford (Edgewater, Md./South River) made 16 saves in goal.
• Madison Downey (Millersville, Md./Old Mill) recorded a defensive save.
• Emily Farrell (Hampton, Va./Kecoughtan) added a defensive save.
FOR THE FOES
• Abby Birk recorded two goals and an assist.
• Katie McErlean added a goal and two assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Abby Birk deflected home a Katie McErlean pass on a corner in the 20th minute for a 1-0 lead.
• Valerie Henderson doubled the lead, knocking back her own shot-and-save just shy of eight minutes later.
• Just 1:06 into the second half, Alyse Tran finished from McErlean for a 3-0 lead.
• Izzy Thompson knocked home a Maddie Brown-Scherer pass through traffic in the 44th minute.
• Brown-Scherer then finished from Birk 1:26 later.
• McErlean and Birk rounded out the scoring about six minutes apart on corners.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Johns Hopkins is ranked 17th in the latest NFHCA Div. III coaches poll.
• The Blue Jays remain the only undefeated team in the CC and clinch a playoff berth with one more win.
• Johns Hopkins finished with advantage of 43-0 in shots and 16-1 in penalty corners.
• Madison Downey is one defensive save shy of tying the program record for a single season.
• Emily Farrell moved into sole possession of second place all-time with her 13th career d-save.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Haverford on Sunday. Game time is 1 p.m.