Haverford (6-8, 2-5 CC) 89, McDaniel (5-9, 1-6 CC) 64
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's basketball game
When: Thursday, Jan. 10
Where: Haverford, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Haverford outscored McDaniel 49-20 after halftime to rally from a four-point deficit at the break to win, 89-64.
• Aaron Washington (Washington, D.C./Montrose Christian) led the Green Terror with 22 points.
• Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) added 14 points off the bench.
• Caleb Johnson (Triangle, Va./Gar-Field) chipped in 10 points.
FOR THE FOES
• Joe Scibelli led the Fords with 22 points to go with nine rebounds.
• Jesse Turkson added 14 points.
• Jonathan Lang chipped in 11 points.
• Kyle Goldfarb and Jack Cork added 10 points each to round out five players in double figures.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Haverford jumped out to a 12-4 lead in the game's first 2:38, hitting its first three shots of the game. Trailing 18-10 on a Jesse Turkson three-point play, Caleb Johnson hit a 3-pointer with 14:40 on the clock to spark an 8-0 run and tie the game just 1:17 later.
• Trailing 29-26, Josh Sproul drained a triple and tied the game, igniting a 13-0 run in the process that gave the Green Terror a double-digit lead with 4:31 remaining. After an Isaac Ray (Fredericksburg, Pa./Northern Lebanon) 3-pointer made it a 44-36 game with 2:57 on the clock, McDaniel missed its final four shots of the half and the Fords clawed to within 44-40 at the break.
• A Johnson three-point play extended the lead to 47-40 on the Green Terror's opening possession of the second half but the visitors went the next 8:26 without a point. An Aaron Washington basket-and-free throw in transition with 11:21 showing snapped the 23-0 Haverford run. McDaniel closed to within 76-63 but scored just one point in the final 6:45 of the contest.
THE INSIDE STORY
• It was sixth 20-point game of the season for Aaron Washington.
• McDaniel shot 51.5 percent (17-for-33) in the first half compared to 17. 9 percent (5-for-28) in the second half.
McDaniel returns to action at home against No. 15 Swarthmore on Saturday. Game time is 2 p.m.