McDaniel finishes tied for second
What: Mason-Dixon Collegiate Classic in men's golf action
When: Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 6-7
Where: The Bridges GC – Abbottstown, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel fired a round of 301 on Saturday and 299 on Sunday to finish with a score of 600 and place tied for second at its own Mason-Dixon Collegiate Classic. The B-Team fired a 613 (304-309) to place tied for seventh in the 17-team field.
• Shawn MacBurnie (Beverly, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) fired the best round of day on Sunday – a 69 – to register a one-under par 143 for 36 holes and win the tournament by a stroke.
• Anthony Barr (Harleysville, Pa./Souderton Area) led the B-Team with a one-over par 145 to place fourth in the tournament. He posted a 71 on Sunday after firing a 74 in the opening round.
• Ryan McGarry (North Eastern, Mass./Oliver Ames) was seventh in the field, posting a 72 on Sunday after firing a 75 on Saturday to finish with a 147 as an individual.
FOR THE FOES
• St. John Fisher shot the low round of the day on Sunday to come from 10 shots back and win the tournament by two strokes with a score of 598.
• Christopher Newport added a round of 298 on Sunday to finish tied with McDaniel for second.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) was tied for 10th with a round of 75 on Saturday and 74 on Sunday to finish with a score of 149.
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly) posted matching rounds of 77 to finish with a score of 154 and place 28th.
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) fired a 75 in the first round before carding a round of 80 on Sunday to finish with a 155 and in 32nd place.
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) had matching rounds of 79 to place 47th with his score of 158.
• For the B-Team, Jack Oullette (Marlborough, Mass./St. John's) was low man for all Green Terror golfers on Saturday with a round of 73 before finishing with an 80 on Sunday and placing 21st with his score of 153.
• Mike Mandel (New York, N.Y./New Hartford) was 47th overall with a score of 158, coming back from an opening-round 83 with a score of 75 on Sunday.
• Maximillian Emmerich (Swampscott, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) finished tied for 67th with a score of 162 (79-83).
• Brendan Shay (Mechanicsburg, Pa./Mechanicsburg Area) matched Emmerich to round out the B-Team with a 162 (78-84).
• Adam Gibbs (Virginia Beach, Va./Frank W. Cox) posted a round of 83 on Saturday before establishing a collegiate low with a 73 on Sunday to finish 40th with a score of 156, playing as an individual.
• Ryan Sember (Branford, Conn./Branford) added a score of 158 as an individual to place 47th, following up a round of 82 with a 76.
• Jake Domagal (Whitesboro, N.Y./Whitesboro) rounded out the field with a score of 159 (79-80) to place 56th.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The tournament came down to the final hole and St. John Fisher sitting in the clubhouse with what ended up being the winning score.
• It was Shawn MacBurnie's second collegiate tournament victory.
• All 14 golfers who competed for McDaniel fired at least one round of 79 or better.
• It was the fourth tournament this fall that the Green Terror finished either first or second.
McDaniel opens the spring at the TaylorMade/adidas Intercollegiate in Beaufort, S.C. on Mar. 11-12.