SALISBURY, Md. – Jose Pac (Quetzaltenango, Guatemala/Inter-American) notched three victories to lead McDaniel at Salisbury in the first meet of 2018 in non-conference men's swimming action on Saturday.
- The Green Terror (2-3-1) and the Sea Gulls (3-4-1) tied 101-all in the short-course meters pool.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won multiple events at the meet:
- Individually, Jose Pac won the 200-meter freestyle (1:59.93) and 100-meter freestyle (54.60 seconds). He was also part of the winning 400-meter medley relay (4:11.75).
- Individually, Paul Van Nevel (Gaithersburg, Md./Poolesville) won . He was also part of the winning 400-meter medley relay (4:11.75).
- Individually, Grayson Blanchard (Germantown, Md./Seneca Valley) won the 200-meter IM (2:22.76) and 100-meter butterfly (1:00.68). He was also part of the winning 400-meter medley relay (4:11.75).
Striking Gold: The following athletes won a single event at the meet:
- Michael Brant (Wilmington, Del./Cab Calloway School of the Arts) won the 600-meter freestyle (9:41.70).
- Zach Kiick (Gettysburg, Pa./Gettysburg Area) joined Paul Van Nevel, Grayson Blanchard and Jose Pac to win the 400-meter medley relay (4:11.75).
Precious Metal: The following athletes finished second or third in an event at the meet:
- Adam Halmy (Shenandoah, Texas/College Park) finished second in the 200-meter IM (2:27.91), 100-meter freestyle (58.19 seconds) and 100-meter breaststroke (1:13.20).
- Paul Van Nevel finished second in the 100-meter backstroke (1:03.22). He was also third in the 100-meter butterfly (1:03.70).
- Brandon Loehmer (Shrewsbury, Pa./Susquehannock) finished second in the 400-meter freestyle (4:42.67). He was also third in the 200-meter freestyle (2:10.27).
- Michael Brant finished third in the 100-meter backstroke (1:08.88) and 400-meter freestyle (4:47.89).
- Nick Villareal (Fleetwood, Pa./Berks Catholic) finished third in the 100-meter freestyle (58.46 seconds).
From the X-Files: The following athletes turned in the best time of the event while swimming exhibition:
- Grayson Blanchard, Jose Pac, Nick Villareal and Paul Van Nevel touched first in the 400-meter free relay (3:47.73).
For the Foes: The following Salisbury athletes won events at the meet:
- Joshua Brown won the 50-meter freestyle (24.35 seconds).
- Richard Baker won the 100-meter backstroke (1:01.99).
- Pete Moyer won the 400-meter freestyle (4:31.41).
- Kyle Russell won the 100-meter breaststroke (1:10.97).
- Connor Johnston joined Joshua Brown, Kyle Russell and Richard Baker to win the 400-meter free relay (3:48.19).
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at Dickinson on Saturday, Jan. 20. Meet time is 1 p.m.