Haverford dumps McDaniel
Fords earn 9-0 win
WESTMINSTER, Md. – Lowell West went 2-0, winning his sixth singles match 8-1 to key Haverford's 9-0 win over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Saturday.
The Fords (8-3, 5-2 CC) notched wins in all three doubles matches before winning second and third singles in straight sets to wrap up the match.
Aaron Weitz led the way in singles play, winning 8-0 at No. 5.
Hailiu Yang and Ben Faber (Wayne, Pa./Conestoga) played the highlight match of the day at first singles. Yang took the first set 7-5 before Faber won by the same margin in the second set. With the match already determined at the point, the two played a super tiebreaker, which Yang took, 10-1.
The Green Terror (4-9, 0-7 CC) returns to action at home against Washington (Md.) on Tuesday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.
Haverford 9, McDaniel 0
1. Kevin Caulfield/Hailiu Yang (H) def. Ben Faber/Dan Hovorka 8-3;
2. Matthew Cebul/Jacob Weisenthal (H) def. Justin Ward/Aaron Waltemeyer 8-4;
3. Joseph Tan/Lowell West (H) def. Luke Schmidt/Tim Foley 8-4.
1. Yang (H) def. Faber 7-5, 5-7, (10-1);
2. Weisenthal (H) def. Hovorka 6-4, 6-1;
3. Cebul (H) def. Ward 6-2, 6-1;
4. Tan (H) def. Waltemeyer 8-2;
5. Aaron Weitz (H) def. Schmidt 8-0;
6. West (H) def. Foley 8-1.