Swarthmore defeats McDaniel, 8-1
WESTMINSTER, Md. – Malik Mubeen won twice to lead Swarthmore to an 8-1 victory over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Sunday.
The Garnet (7-6, 4-1 CC) took the other two doubles matches and swept all six singles in straight sets.
Mubeen teamed with James Wieler for an 8-2 win at No. 1 doubles.
Dan Park and Sam Clark partnered to defeat Steve French (New Windsor, Md./Francis Scott Key) and Justin Ward (Sykesville, Md./Century) in the top match of the day, winning No. 2 doubles by a 9-7 count.
Mubeen capped his 2-0 day with a 6-2, 6-1 win at No. 1 singles while Wieler won by the same count in the third slot.
Park and Clark were also double winners, taking victories at No. 2 (6-0, 6-1) and No. 4 (7-5, 6-4) singles, respectively.
McDaniel returns to action at Muhlenberg on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.
Swarthmore 8, McDaniel 1
1. Malik Mubeen/James Wieler (S) def. Ben Faber/Chad Palman 8-2;
2. Dan Park/Sam Clark (S) def. Steve French/Justin Ward 9-7;
3. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale (M) def. Taylor Chen/Kavin Pada 8-4.
1. Mubeen (S) def. Faber 6-2, 6-1;
2. Park (S) def. Ward 6-0, 6-1;
3. Wieler (S) def. French 6-2, 6-1;
4. Clark (S) def. Kron 7-5, 6-4;
5. Pada (S) def. Palman 6-4, 6-2;
6. Chen (S) def. Sam Morris 6-2, 6-3.