First one is the hardest
Muhlenberg downs McDaniel 7-2 for first conference win
ALLENTOWN, Pa. – Ben Berkowitz won twice, including without dropping a game at fifth singles, to lead Muhlenberg to a 7-2 victory over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Saturday.
Ben Faber (Wayne, Pa./Conestoga) led the Green Terror (5-8, 0-6 CC) in singles play, rallying to win a three-set match at No. 1 singles. After Jordan Rutt took a 7-6 first set, winning 7-3 in the tiebreaker, Faber put together back-to-back 6-2 set wins for the victory.
The Mules (2-7, 1-4 CC) won the other five singles matches to secure its first conference win of the season.
Berkowitz partnered with Rutt for an 8-3 win at second doubles for the first half of his two-win day while Robbie Goldwein and Jason Teielbaum were 8-6 victors in the No. 1 slot.
McDaniel returns to action at Lancaster Bible on Monday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.
Muhlenberg 7, McDaniel 2
1. Robbie Goldwein/Jason Teitelbaum (Mu) def. Ben Faber/Chad Palman 8-6;
2. Jordan Rutt/Ben Berkowitz (Mu) def. Justin Ward/Steve French 8-3;
3. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale (Mc) def. Wayne Mitchel/Jason Kirschenbaum 8-2.
1. Faber (Mc) def. Rutt 6-7 (3-7), 6-2, 6-2;
2. Goldwein (Mu) def. Ward 6-1, 6-2;
3. Teitelbaum (Mu) def. French 6-0, 6-4;
4. Ari Nutovits (Mu) def. Kron 6-2, 6-3;
5. Berkowitz (Mu) def. Palman 6-0, 6-0;
6. Kirschenbaum (Mu) def. Langsdale 2-6, 6-3, 10-5.