Gettysburg sweeps McDaniel in CC finale
GETTYSBURG, Pa. – Johnny Nelson capped a 2-0 day with a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 6 singles to lead Gettysburg to a 9-0 win over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Saturday.
Nelson and doubles teammate Mike McLaughlin added an 8-3 win in the third slot for the Bullets (11-5, 4-5 CC), setting a new program-best mark for doubles win with 15 on the season.
Brian Kron (Upperco, Md./North Carroll) led the Green Terror (6-11, 0-9 CC), taking Sebastian Rodriguez to a third set at fourth singles. Kron took the opening set 6-4 before Rodriguez forced the deciding set 6-1 and took the super-tiebreaker set, 10-8.
Rodriguez was also part of the closest doubles match, partnering with Chris Curran to defeat Ben Faber (Wayne, Pa./Conestoga) and Chad Palman (Montgomery Village, Md./Gaithersburg) by an 8-6 margin in the top flight.
McDaniel concludes the season at home against Stevenson on Monday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.
Gettysburg 9, McDaniel 0
1. Chris Curran/Sebastian Rodriguez (G) def. Ben Faber/Chad Palman 8-6;
2. Tom Gosnell/Will Brinks (G) def. Steve French/Justin Ward 8-3;
3. Mike McLaughlin/Johnny Nelson (G) def. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale 8-3.
1. Curran (G) def. Ward 6-3, 6-0;
2. McLaughlin (G) def. Faber 6-2, 6-3;
3. Gosnell (G) def. French 6-4, 7-5;
4. Rodriguez (G) def. Kron 4-6, 6-1, 10-8;
5. Brinks (G) def. Palman 6-4, 6-2;
6. Nelson (G) def. Sam Morris 6-0, 6-0.