Schmidt takes sixth singles, 6-0, 6-0
WESTMINSTER, Md. – McDaniel swept its way through doubles to key an 8-1 victory over Hood in non-conference men's tennis action on Friday.
Daniel Xinis (Owings, Md./Northern) notched one of four 2-0 days for the Green Terror (2-1), capping his afternoon with a 6-0, 6-2 victory at fifth singles.
Carter Reitman led the Blazers (0-3) with a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 1 singles.
Xinis teamed with Tyler Justice (Georgetown, Del./Sussex Tech) for an 8-1 victory at third doubles.
Both completed 2-0 afternoons in singles play. Kron won 6-1, 6-2 at No. 2 singles while Langsdale was victorious 6-2, 6-2 at No. 4.
Chad Palman (Montgomery Village, Md./Gaithersburg) rounded out the 2-0 days for McDaniel. Palman teamed with Steve French (New Windsor, Md./Francis Scott Key) for an 8-1 win at first singles before winning 6-4, 6-2 at third singles.
Luke Schmidt (Red Lion, Pa./York Catholic) won 6-0, 6-0 at sixth singles.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Washington (Md.) to open the spring and Centennial Conference schedule on Mar. 17.
McDaniel 8, Hood 1
1. Chad Palman/Steve French (M) def. Travis Kline/Andrew Blowe 8-1;
2. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale (M) def. Carter Reitman/Chris Papinsick 8-4;
3. Tyler Justice/Daniel Xinis (M) def. Richard Garcia/Raymond Rivera 8-1.
1. Carter Reitman (H) def. Steve French 6-0, 6-0;
2. Brian Kron (M) def. Andrew Blowe 6-1, 6-2;
3. Chad Palman (M) def. Travis Kline 6-4, 6-2;
4. Matthew Langsdale (M) def. Chris Papinsick 6-2, 6-2;
5. Daniel Xinis (M) def. Raymond Rivera 6-0, 6-2;
6. Luke Schmidt (M) def. Richard Garcia 6-0, 6-0.