McFall wins eight games
WESTMINSTER, Md. – Johns Hopkins, ranked 16th nationally and second in the region, won half of the singles matches without dropping a game to key a 9-0 Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis victory over McDaniel on Tuesday.
Seth McFall (Dover, Del./Caesar Rodney) led the Green Terror (6-9, 0-8 CC), taking eight games across his two matches. McDaniel and Daniel Xinis (Owings, Md./Northern) dropped an 8-5 decision to David Greenbaum and Joonas Karjalainen at third doubles. Jacob Barnaby then defeated McFall 6-0, 6-3 at third singles.
Brian Kron (Upperco, Md./North Carroll) took five games at No. 2 singles, falling to Ben Hwang, 6-3, 6-2.
Andy Hersch, Greenbaum and Karjalainen led the way in singles for the Blue Jays (12-4, 8-0 CC), winning 6-0, 6-0 at first, fifth and sixth singles, respectively.
Hwang and Edward Corty notched an 8-0 win at No. 2 doubles.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Gettysburg on Saturday. Match time is 10 a.m.
No. 16 Johns Hopkins 9, McDaniel 0
1. Andy Hersh/Jacob Barnaby (J) def. Steve French/Chad Palman 8-3;
2. Ben Hwang/Edward Corty (J) def. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale 8-0;
3. David Greenbaum/Joonas Karjalainen (J) def. Seth McFall/Daniel Xinis 8-5.
1. Hersh (J) def. French 6-0, 6-0;
2. Hwang (J) def. Kron 6-3, 6-2;
3. Barnaby (J) def. McFall 6-0, 6-3;
4. Corty (J) def. Langsdale 6-1, 6-1;
5. Greenbaum (J) def. Xinis 6-0, 6-0;
6. Karjalainen (J) def. Tyler Justice 6-0, 6-0.