Kron wins twice at top spot
FREDERICK, Md. – McDaniel split a tri-match at Hood to open its dual-meet fall schedule in non-conference men's tennis action on Sunday.
The Green Terror (1-1) dropped a 9-0 decision to Chowan before topping Hood, 8-0.
Against the Blazers, Brain Kron (Upperco, Md./North Carroll) and Matthew Langsdale (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) teamed for an 8-0 win at first doubles to complete 2-0 matches.Kron took an 8-0 decision at No. 1 singles while Langsdale won 8-1 at third singles.
Jacob Lorenz (Catonsville, Md./Catonsville) also added a 2-0 day after partnering with Tyler Justice (Georgetown, Del./Sussex Tech) for an 8-0 win at third doubles. Lorenz was an 8-0 winner at fourth singles.
Ryan Salomon (Bethesda, Md./The Siena) rounded out the day with an 8-0 win at sixth singles.
Against Chowan, Peeling won in a third-set tiebreaker to lead McDaniel. After Peeling too the first set 6-4, Scott Van Eck forced the deciding set with a 6-4 second-set win. Peeling prevailed in a super-tiebreaker third set, 10-4.
Salomon added a 6-2, 6-0 win at sixth singles for McDaniel's other win.
Sasha Kirsanov led the Hawks with two-win day, taking third singles 6-1, 6-0 after teaming with Jamone Davis for an 8-5 win at No. 3 doubles.
The Green Terror returns to action in the spring opener at Washington (Md.) on Mar. 23.
Chowan 7, McDaniel 2
1. Pedro Aiala/Danilo Galovic (C) def. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale 8-7;
2. Ivan Doubograev/Scott Van Eck (C) def. Daniel Xinis/Josh Peeling 8-2;
3. Sasha Kirsanov/Jaqwese Williams (C) def. Tyler Justice/Jacob Lorenz 8-5;
1. Aiala (C) def. Kron 6-3, 6-1;
2. Doubograev (C) def. Xinis 6-3, 6-2;
3. Kirsanov (C) def. Langsdale 6-1, 6-0;
4. Galovic (C) def. Lorenz 6-0, 6-3;
5. Peeling (M) def. Van Eck 6-4, 4-6, (10-4);
6. Ryan Salomon (M) def. Williams 6-2, 6-0.
McDaniel 8, Hood 0
1. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale (M) def. Chad Love/Luis Cotto 8-0;
2. Trevor Baldwin/Philip Roedig (H) vs. Daniel Xinis/Josh Peeling unfinished;
3. Tyler Justice/Jacob Lorenz (M) def. Thomas Spivey/Jamone Davis 8-0.
1. Kron (M) def. Love 8-0;
2. Xinis (M) def. Cotto 8-0;
3. Langsdale (M) def. Roedig 8-1;
4. Lorenz (M) def. Baldwin 8-0;
5. Peeling (MCD) def. Spivey 8-0;
6. Ryan Salomon (MCD) def. Davis 8-0.