WESTMINSTER, Md. – Franklin & Marshall won five of the six singles matches to finish a 7-2 Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis win over McDaniel on Saturday.
Ryan Salomon (Bethesda, Md./The Siena) led the Green Terror (4-5, 0-4 CC) in singles play, winning in straight sets at sixth singles, 6-2, 6-2.
Joshua Kane led the Diplomats (7-3, 4-0 CC) as one of two double winners. Kane teamed with Parint Lertdumrikam for an 8-3 win at third doubles before winning 6-3, 6-0 at No. 3 singles.
William MacArthur was the other double winner, partnering with Nolan Bacchieri for an 8-5 win at No. 1 doubles before winning first singles, 6-1, 6-2.
Langsdale also dropped a three-set match at No. 5 singles. Stefan Radevic won the first set 6-1 before Langsdale forced a third-set supertiebreaker with a 6-3 win. In the supertiebreaker, Radevic prevailed, 10-5.
Seth McFall (Dover, Del./Caesar Rodney) also went to three sets at No. 2 singles. McFall took the first set 6-3 before Doug Kaplan won the second set by the same score then prevailed in the supertiebreaker, 10-4.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Rutgers-Camden on Tuesday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.
Franklin & Marshall 7, McDaniel 2
1. William MacArthur/Nolan Bacchieri (F) def. Seth McFall/Satchel McCarthy 8-5;
2. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale (M) def. Doug Kaplan/Benjamin Stern 8-6;
3. Joshua Kane/Parint Lertdumrikam (F) def. Philip Jorgensen/Daniel Xinis 8-3.
1. MacArthur (F) def. Kron 6-1, 6-2;
2. Kaplan (F) def. McFall 3-6, 6-3, 10-4;
3. Kane (F) def. McCarthy 6-3, 6-0;
4. Stern (F) def. Jorgensen 6-0, 6-0;
5. Stefan Radevic (F) def. Langsdale 6-1, 3-6, 10-5:
6. Ryan Salomon (M) def. Evan Drapeau 6-2, 6-2.