WESTMINSTER, Md. – Ursinus swept doubles play to key a 6-3 victory over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Saturday.
Seth McFall (Dover, Del./Caesar Rodney) led the Green Terror (6-8, 1-7 CC) with a straight-set victory at second singles, winning by identical 6-3 scores.
Logan Metcalf-Kelly led the Bears (12-6, 2-5 CC), winning twice on the day. He teamed with Evan Lord for an 8-0 win at second doubles before wining fourth singles, 6-1, 6-3.
Evan Stutchin also went 2-0 for Ursinus, teaming with Matt Hope for a 9-8 win at No. 1 doubles on a tiebreaker, 8-1. He then added a 6-2, 6-4 victory at first singles.
Ryan Salomon (Bethesda, Md./The Siena) added a straight-set win for McDaniel. He took fifth singles, 6-4, 6-4.
Satchel McCarthy rounded out the winners for the Green Terror, taking a 10-6 super-tiebreaker win at No. 3 singles. Tyler Arsenault won the first set 6-3 before McCarthy forced the deciding set with a 7-5 win.
McDaniel concludes the season at home against Gettysburg on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.
Ursinus 6, McDaniel 3
1. Evan Stutchin/Matt Hope (U) def. Seth McFall/Satchel McCarthy 9-8 (8-1);
2. Evan Lord/Logan Metcalf-Kelly (U) def. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale 8-0;
3. Tyler Arsenault/Henry Burke (U) def. Philip Jorgensen/Ryan Salomon 8-3.
1. Stutchin (U) def. Kron 6-2, 6-4;
2. McFall (M) def. Lord 6-3, 6-3;
3. McCarthy (M) def. Arsenault 3-6, 7-5, 10-6;
4. Metcalf-Kelly (U) def. Langsdale 6-1, 6-3;
5. Salomon (M) def. Burke 6-4, 6-4;
6. Dylan Marsh (U) def. Daniel Xinis 6-0, 6-2.