LANDOVER, Md. and NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College) finished fifth in the heptathlon at the Captains Invitational and Multis hosted by Christopher Newport in men's indoor track and field action on Friday and Saturday.
- There was no team score at either the Captains Invitational, where two athletes competed in the heptathlon, or the Terrapin Invitational hosted by the University of Maryland at Prince George's Learning Center, where the remainder of the team competed on Saturday.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Manny Rodriguez: 200, finishing 25th with a time of 24.86 seconds.
- Taylor Wagner (Dunkirk, Md./Northern): shot put, finishing 12th with a mark of 12.80 meters.
- Caleb White: heptathlon, finishing fourth with 3,857 points.
Multi-Talented: The following athletes competed in the heptathlon at Christopher Newport on Friday and Saturday:
- Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College) finished fourth with 3,887 points. He was third in the long jump (6.14 meters), fourth in the 60 hurdles (7.39 seconds) and fifth in the high jump (1.66 meters). All three were individual CC qualifiers. His highest point total came in the 60 (749 points).
- Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run) finished fifth with 3,154 points. He was third in the pole vault (2.90 meters) and fourth in the shot put (10.13 meters). He scored 522 points in the 1000.
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Caleb White now ranks third in the heptathlon (3887 points).
- Alex West now ranks sixth in the heptathlon (3154 points).
- Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) now ranks ninth in the 300, finishing 19th (38.44 seconds).
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at Maryland:
- Michael Gallagher: 300, 15th, 37.77 seconds.
- Stephen Porembski: mile, 34th, 5:01.61
- Manny Rodriguez: 300, 27th, 39.66 seconds
- Shaun Thompson: 800, 32nd, 2:18.40
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the Mini-Dip Invitational hosted by Franklin & Marshall on Friday. Action begins at 3:30 p.m.