SWARTHMORE, Pa. – Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) reset his program record in the 800 to lead McDaniel at the Swarthmore Final Qualifier in men's outdoor track and field action on Monday.
- There was no team score.
Record Setter: The following athletes established a new program record at the meet:
- Gavin Gibson reset his own program record in the 800 with a time of 1:53.53 to finish 17th in the race. The time currently ranks 44th nationally.
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Gavin Gibson: 800, 1:54.86
- Ian Armstrong (Tallyville, Del./Brandywine): discus, finishing third with a mark of 44.07 meters
- Billy Emerson: shot put, finishing third with a mark of 15.48 meters; discus, finishing sixth with a mark of 42.46 meters, His shot put mark is 48th nationally.
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Gavin Gibson now ranks first all-time in the 800 (1:53.53).
- Billy Emerson now ranks third all-time in the shot put (15.48 meters).
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the ECAC Division III Championship hosted by Johns Hopkins on Wednesday and Thursday.