BALTIMORE, Md. – Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) won the 800 to lead McDaniel at the 2018 ECAC Division III Men's Outdoor Track and Field Championship hosted by Johns Hopkins on Wednesday and Thursday.
- The Green Terror placed ninth with 34 points. Wesley won the team title among 28 scoring teams with 93 points.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won an event at the meet:
- Gavin Gibson won the 800 with a time of 1:55.09.
Making a Point: The following athletes earned points at the meet:
- Gavin Gibson: 800, finishing first with a time of 1:55.09
- Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill): shot put, finishing second with a mark of 15.35 meters; discus, finishing seventh with a mark of 42.20 meters.
- The 4x800-meter relay of Alex Panagakos, Gavin Gibson, Kai Samuels and Miky Kisi, finishing third with a time of 8:01.20.
- Ian Armstrong (Tallyville, Del./Brandywine): discus, finishing fifth with a mark of 43.99 meters.
- Alex Panagakos (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll): 400, finishing third with a time of 50.91 seconds.
- Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run): decathlon, finishing seventh with 4515 points.
Multi-Talented: The following athletes competed in the decathlon:
- Alex West placed first in the shot put (11.04 meters) and second in the discus (29.74 meters) to lead the way to his seventh-place overall finish. His top points came in the 100 (651 points, 12.00 seconds) and shot put (548 points).
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- The 4x800 relay now ranks sixth all-time (8:01.20).
- Alex West now ranks 10th in the decathlon (4515 points).
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Miky Kisi: 400 hurdles, 16th, 59.38 seconds
- Nathaniel Alston: 400 hurdles, 19th, 1:00.87
- Taylor Wagner: shot put, 9th, 13.92 meters; discus, 12th, 41.33 meters; javelin, 13th, 43.24 meters
- JR Yankowski: discus, 22nd, 30.50 meters