LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Jim Heilman (Lutherville, Md./Baltimore Lutheran) finished 104th in the highly-competitive Greater Louisville Classic Silver Race to lead McDaniel in men's cross country action on Saturday.
Time and Score:
- The Green Terror finished 24th in the 43-team field contested on the 2016 NCAA Division III national championship course against some with 767 points. A total of 388 runners competed at the 8,000-meter distance. North Central (Ill.) won the invitational with 26 points in a field that featured some of the top teams in the country.
Heads of the Class:
- Jim Heilman turned in a time of 27:03.86 to finish 104th.
Five of a Kind: The following athletes rounded out the scoring five at the meet:
- Will Greene (Westminster, Md./Delone Catholic) finished 118th (27:19.91)
- Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) finished 178th (28:01.18)
- Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) finished 217th (28:31.10)
- Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) finished 28th (29:53.33).
Top of His Game: The following athletes turned in a personal best at the meet:
- Jim Heilman bettered his previous best by nine seconds.
- Will Greene bettered his previous best by 43 seconds.
- Gavin Gibson bettered his previous best by 1 minute, 8 seconds.
- Shaun Thompson bettered his previous best by 1 minute, 8 seconds.
- Michael Gallagher bettered his previous best by 2 minutes, 35 seconds.
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster), 331st, 31:17.99
- Kyle Crouse (Keymar, Md./Francis Scott Key), 340th, 31:40.57
Next Up: The Green Terror is back in action at the Goucher Invitational on Saturday beginning at 10 a.m.