HUNT VALLEY, Md. – Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) won the Towson Invitational to lead McDaniel to a victory in season-opening men's cross country action on Friday.
Time and Score:
- The Green Terror finished first at the meet with 26 points. A total of 20 runners competed at the newly-configured 5,000-meter distance at Oregon Ridge. Morgan State was second with 50 points while Coppin State finished third with 57 points.
Head of the Class:
- Gavin Gibson turned in a time of 17:31.68 to finish first. He won by nearly 17 seconds.
Five of a Kind: The following athletes rounded out the Green Terror's top five finishers at the meet:
- Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) finished third (17:53.85)
- Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) finished fifth (18:47.78)
- Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) finished eighth (20:39.69)
- Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) finished ninth (20:39.76)
Making the List: The following athletes turned in a top-10 all-time Green Terror time on the course.
Rounding out the Field: The following also competed at the event:
Next Up: The Green Terror is back in action at the Navy Invitational on Saturday beginning at 11 a.m.