WESTMINSTER, Md. – Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) won both the 3,000 and 5,000 meter races to lead McDaniel at its own Green Terror Challenge in men's cross country action on Saturday.
Time and Score:
- The Green Terror posted a perfect score to win the 3K race with 10 points and won the 5K with 13 points.
Head of the Class:
- Gavin Gibson won the 5,000-meter race with a time of 17:50.02 and the 3,000-meter race with a time of 10:07.77.
Five of a Kind: The following athletes rounded out the Green Terror's finishers in the 5K race:
- Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) finished second (17:56.47)
- Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) finished third (19:26.15)
- Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) finished eighth (20:37.05)
Four of a Kind: The following athletes rounded out the Green Terror's top four finishers in the 3K race:
- Shaun Thompson finished second (10:25.59)
- Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) finished fourth (11:11.34)
- Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northwest) finished fifth (11:28.41)
Making the List: The following athletes turned in a top-20 all-time Green Terror time on the course.
- Gavin Gibson is 10th on the 3K list (10:07.77) and 13th on the 5K list (17:50.02).
- Shaun Thompson is 16th on the 3K list (10:25.59) and 15th on the 5K list (17:56.47).
Rounding out the Field: The following also competed in the 3K at the event:
- Alex Panagakos, 6th, 11:30.19
- Miky Kisi, 9th, 11:47.40
- Manny Rodriguez, 12th, 12:04.25
- Ricardo Loyola, 13th, 12:25.20
- Cyrus Daroowalla, 16th, 12:43.97
- Brian Peterson, 17th, 12:47.06
- Kevin Meza, 19th, 14:33.15
- Jamie Mintz, 21st, 15:45.48
Next Up: The Green Terror is back in action at the Hornet Harrier hosted by Shenandoah at Kernstown Battlefield on Saturday beginning at 10 a.m.