WINCHESTER, Va. – Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) finished second to lead McDaniel to a ninth-place finish at the Hornet Harrier hosted by Shenandoah at Kernstown Battlefield in men's cross country action on Saturday.
Time and Score:
- The Green Terror finished with 209 points and placed ninth overall. A total of 117 runners competed at the 6,000-meter distance. Baldwin-Wallace won the overall title with 26 points. McDaniel was fourth with 83 points in the non-Commonwealth division.
Head of the Class:
- Gavin Gibson turned in a time of 19:48.3 to finish second.
Five of a Kind: The following athletes rounded out the Green Terror's top five finishers:
- Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) finished 29th (21:11.3)
- Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) finished 65th (23:31.7)
- Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) finished 78th (24:37.9)
- Ricardo Loyola (Laurel, Md./Reservoir) finished 89th (26:04.7)
Making the List: The following athletes turned in a top-10 all-time Green Terror time at Kernstown Battlefield.
- Gavin Gibson had the fastest time ever for McDaniel on the course (19:48.3).
- Shaun Thompson ranks seventh (21:11.3).
Rounding out the Field: The following also competed at the event:
- Michael Gallagher, 96th, 27:32.9
- Kevin Meza, 100th, 27:59.9
Next Up: The Green Terror is back in action at the Greensboro Invitational at Hagan Stone Park on Saturday beginning at 1 p.m.