McDaniel finishes first of four teams with 28 points.
What: Towson Invitational in men's cross country action
When: Friday, Aug. 31
Where: Oregon Ridge State Park; Cockeysville, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won the Towson Invitational for the second straight year, placing six runners in the top 10. The Green Terror finished with 28 points, tying Morgan State but earning the title on better sixth-place finisher.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) won the race for the second straight year. He posted a time of 15:28.80. He won the race by just over 53 seconds.
• Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast), Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) and Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) crossed 5-6-7.
• Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) was ninth while Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) crossed 10th.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The course was advertised as a 5,000-meter course but was inadvertently measured short.
• The entire top 11 was comprised of all McDaniel and Morgan State runners.
McDaniel returns to action at its own Green Terror Challenge on Friday. The first race will begin at 4 p.m.