McDaniel (4-1, 2-0 CC) 2, Ursinus (2-2-2, 0-1 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer opener
When: Saturday, Sept. 15
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel found the back of the net just 3:17 into the game and added a second-half insurance goal for a 2-0 win over Ursinus in the conference opener for both teams.
• Maddie Schwartz (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) staked McDaniel to an early lead with a goal in the fourth minute.
• Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) added her second goal of the year in the 75th minute.
FOR THE FOES
• Sabrina Doherty made eight saves for Ursinus.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Rachel Engle (Elizabethtown, Pa./Elizabethtown Area) found Maddie Schwartz, who finished from the top of the box for a 1-0 lead at the 3:17 mark.
• Lindsey Farrell headed home an Alyssa Johnston (West River, Md./Southern) feed at the 74:24 mark for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished with a 16-4 advantage in shots, including holding an 11-1 edge in the first half.
• The Green Terror also finished with a 12-5 advantage in corner kicks.
• Ursinus did not have a shot on goal in the game.
• McKenna Zerbe (Mountville, Pa./Hempfield) recorded her second shutout of the year. It was the third time in five games that the Green Terror shut out an opponent.
McDaniel returns to action at Gettysburg on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.