Gettysburg (4-2-1, 1-1 CC) 2, McDaniel (4-2, 1-1 CC) 1 (OT)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Sept. 19
Where: Gettysburg, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Gettysburg finished the game with a 22-4 advantage in shots but needed overtime to defeat McDaniel, 2-1. The Bullets captured the win just 3:53 into the extra session.
• Megan Henderson (East Windsor, N.J./Notre Dame Prep) scored her first collegiate goal, tying the game at 1-all in the 69th minute.
• Katherine Carstensen (Pearl River, N.Y./Pearl River) made eight saves in goal.
FOR THE FOES
• Lauren Miesemer tallied the game-winner for the Bullets.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After controlling play late in the first half, Gettysburg got on the board just 4:14 into the second half when Alexa Bushey beat two defenders and fired home a goal.
• Megan Henderson drew the game even, finishing free kick from Kirsten Gibson (Lancaster, Pa./Penn Manor) at the 68:19 mark.
• Virginia Sanford crossed the ball from the right and Lauren Miesemer was able to finish it for the gme-winner.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Gettysburg finished with a 22-4 advantage in shots, including 11-1 in the scoreless first half.
• The Bullets also had a 7-2 edge in corner kicks.
• Gettysburg recorded its first win in the series since a 2-1 win in 2014.
McDaniel returns to action at No. 20 Swarthmore on Saturday. Game time is 4 p.m.