McDaniel (6-3, 3-2 CC) 4, Franklin & Marshall (1-8-1, 0-5 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 3
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored four first-half goals, including twice in fewer than five minutes, to top Franklin & Marshall, 4-0.
FOR THE FOES
• Gabby Panayotakis made two first-half saves.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Hannah Schepers turned, cleared her defender and finished for a 1-0 lead at the 17:14 mark.
• Off a corner kick, Schepers bodied home a header from Maddie Schwartz (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) to double the lead jut 4:49 later.
• Kirsten Gibson (Lancaster, Pa./Penn Manor) played a through ball to Schepers in the 31st minute. Schepers fired into the right side of the net to complete her natural hat trick.
• Cameron Hukill (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) played a ball to Jessie Titus' head and she buried it in the top-left for the final margin in the 40th minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The four goals were a season high for the Green Terror.
• Hannah Schepers' hat trick was the first three-goal performance since Nicole Hill on Sept. 9, 2015.
• Schepers now leads the team with four goals.
• It was the first collegiate points for Jessie Titus and Cameron Hukill.
• McDaniel had a 16-3 advantage in shots and 7-1 advantage in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at No. 4 Messiah on Thursday. Game time is 7 p.m.