No. 4 Johns Hopkins (12-1, 5-0 CC) 1, McDaniel (7-4, 4-3 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 10
Where: Baltimore, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins scored in the 27th minute and the defense held strong to make the lone goal stand for a 1-0 win over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Michelle Santangelo scored the lone goal.
• Robyn Lipschultz needed to make one save for the shutout.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Mizuho Obayashi crossed the ball in to Michelle Santangelo, who finished for a 1-0 lead at the 26:22 mark.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Johns Hopkins finished with a 12-6 advantage in shots.
• The Blue Jays also had a 5-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Six of the last seven meetings in the series have been decided by one goal or fewer.
• The game featured a combined six shots on goal – four of which came in the first half.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Haverford on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.