McDaniel (8-4, 5-3 CC) 4, Haverford (7-4-1, 4-2-1 CC) 2
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer game
When: Saturday, Oct. 13
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored three second-half goals to overcome a 2-1 halftime deficit and top Haverford, 4-2.
• Alyssa Johnston (West River, Md./Southern) recorded a goal and assist, including the tie-breaking goal in the 80th minute.
• Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) added a goal and an assist of her own.
FOR THE FOES
• Katie Safter notched a goal and an assist to lead the Fords.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Lindsey Farrell took a ball to the endline and centered a pass that Kirsten Gibson (Lancaster, Pa./Penn Manor) knocked home for a 1-0 lead just 2:11 into the game.
• Katie Safter played a ball through that Sydney West collected and fired home to tie the game in the 15th minute.
• Safter gave the visitors a 2-1 lead, collecting a loose ball in the box and firing it across in the 29th minute.
• Off a throw-in, Hannah Schepers (Port Deposit, Md./St. Mark's) turned on her defender and beat her before firing home a goal to tie the game in the 65th minute.
• Alyssa Johnston took a corner kick that drifted to the keeper and was misplayed, falling backwards into the net for a 3-2 lead at the 79:03 mark.
• Johnston played a second corner kick in nearly two minutes later that Farrell headed in for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished with a slim 8-7 edge in both shots and corner kicks.
• Hannah Schepers currently leads the conference with eight goals on the season.
• Haverford's goalie was ejected after the third Green Terror goal for abusive language, forcing a change in net and man advantage for the final 10:57.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Catholic on Tuesday. Game time is 3:30 p.m.