McDaniel (10-4-1, 6-3-1 CC) 2, Dickinson (10-3-3, 5-2-2 CC) 2 (2OT)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 24
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored two second-half goals to forge a 2-all draw with Dickinson.
FOR THE FOES
• Kyra Thomas and Jessica Kiefer found the net for the Red Devils.
• Mary Kate Brosnan made seven saves.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Kyra Thomas scored off a corner kick in the 30th minute to stake Dickinson to a 1-0 halftime lead.
• Maddie Schwartz finished off a misplayed cross by the keeper to even the game just 7:02 into the second half.
• Kathryn Dixon capitalized on a turnover in the Red Devil defensive end for a 2-1 lead in the 71st minute.
• Just 40 seconds later, Jessica Kiefer netted the equalizer.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished with an 18-7 advantage in shots, including 5-0 in the two 10-mintue extra sessions.
• The Red Devils had a 7-5 edge in corner kicks.
• The Green Terror clinched a playoff spot and are assured either the third or fourth seed in next week's tournament. The final first-round bye will be determined by the Gettysburg-Dickinson game on Saturday night. A Red Devil win gives them the third seed while a tie or Bullet victory hands the No. 3 seed to the Green Terror. The fifth seed will be determined by the result of the Gettysburg-Dickinson and Swarthmore-Haverford games.
McDaniel returns to action in the Centennial Conference tournament next week. Matchups and times will be announced on Monday.