Swarthmore (14-2-2) 5, McDaniel (10-5-1) 2
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's soccer tournament semifinal game
When: Saturday, Nov. 3
Where: Baltimore, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Swarthmore scored the final three goals of the game to top McDaniel 5-2 in the second conference tournament semifinal.
• Hannah Schepers (Port Deposit, Md./St. Mark's) opened the scoring for the Green Terror.
• Kathryn Dixon (New Bern, N.C./New Bern) tied the game with a marker midway through the second half.
• Katherine Carstensen (Peal River, N.Y./Pearl River) made seven saves in goal.
FOR THE FOES
• Marin McCoy was one of four different goal scorers for the Garnet.
• Amy Shmoys made four saves
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Hannah Schepers staked McDaniel to a 1-0 lead in the 21st minute on a breakaway into the lower-right corner.
• Sophia Stills tied the game just 12 minutes later, sending it level into halftime.
• Marin McCoy found the corner of the net for her team-leading 11th marker in the 53rd minute.
• In the 66th minute, Kathryn Dixon pulled the game level once again, blasting a shot from the top of the box off a Maddie Schwartz (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) shot off the crossbar.
• An own goal off a free kick gave the Garnet a 3-2 edge in the 73rd minute.
• Bellara Huang fired a ball just under the crossbar for a 4-2 advantage in the 83rd minute.
• Brittany Weiderhold set the final margin with 1:12 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Freshman Hannah Schepers tallied her conference-leading 13th goal of the season with the first-half marker.
• Swarthmore finished with a 22-11 advantage in shots.
• McDaniel had a 4-1 advantage in corner kicks.
McDaniel will find out on Monday if its season continues with a fourth-straight NCAA at-large bid or berth in the ECAC tournament.