McDaniel (12-5-1) 3, Pfeiffer (13-3) 0
What: ECAC Division III women's soccer tournament quarterfinals
When: Sunday, Nov. 11
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored just 1 minute, 31 seconds into the game en route to a 3-0 win over Pfeiffer in the quarterfinals of the ECAC tournament.
• Maddie Schwartz (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) recorded her first collegiate hat trick, scoring all three goals.
• Katherine Carstensen (Peal River, N.Y./Pearl River) made four saves in goal.
FOR THE FOES
• Kaley Hyatt made eight saves in goal for the Falcons.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Maddie Schwartz took the ball off a throw in and finished in the top-right corner from 25 yards out for a 1-0 lead just 91 seconds into the game.
• In the 38th minute, Cameron Hukill (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) played a ball to the right side that Schwartz once again fired into the top-right corner to double the lead.
• Kirsten Gibson (Lancaster, Pa./Penn Manor) centered a ball from the left side of the end line to the top of the box and Schwartz fired it home in the 80th minute for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• It was the first collegiate hat trick for Maddie Schwartz and fourth recorded by a Green Terror player this season.
• McDaniel finished with a 21-11 advantage in shots.
• The Green Terror had a 5-2 edge in corner kicks.
• McDaniel is the highest remaining seed in the ECAC tournament and will host the second weekend.
McDaniel will play either FDU-Florham or Widener in the second semifinal on Saturday. Game time is 2 p.m.