ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa. – Sara Hegna (Brielle, N.J./Manasquan) won three times to lead McDaniel at Elizabethtown in non-conference women's swimming action on Saturday.
- The Green Terror (5-5) defeated the Blue Jays (4-5) by a score of 149-89.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won multiple events at the meet:
- Individually, Sara Hegna won the 200 IM (2:22.55) and 500 free (5:38.19). She was also part of the victorious 200 free relay (1:48.93).
- Syd Knadler (Crowley Lake, Calif./Mammoth) won the 100 butterfly (1:02.28) and 100 IM (1:03.46).
- Bryn Blanchard (Germantown, Md./Seneca Valley) won the 100 free (1:00.04). She was also part of the victorious 200 free relay (1:48.93).
- Joanna Wattenberg (Monrovia, Md./Urbana) won the 100 backstroke (1:06.02). She was also part of the victorious 200 free relay (1:48.93).
Striking Gold: The following athletes won a single event at the meet:
- Cara Dube (Milford, Conn./Joseph A. Foran) won the 200 free (2:09.63).
- Samantha Smith (Bangkok, Thailand/International School of Bangkok) won the 200 backstroke (2:15.73).
- Kelly Lewis (Montgomery Village, Md./Watkins Mill) won the 200 breaststroke (2:36.29).
- Emma Perdue (Grasonville, Md./Annapolis Area Christian) won the 100 breaststroke (1:14.69).
- Becca Sykes (Collegeville, Pa./Methacton) joined Joanna Wattenberg, Sara Hegna and Bryn Blanchard to win the 200 free relay (1:48.93).
Precious Metal: The following athletes finished second or third in an event at the meet:
- Carly Deickman (Bishopville, Md./Stephen Decatur) finished second in the 200 breaststroke (2:44.98).
- Bryn Blanchard finished second in the 50 free (27.20).
- Kelly Lewis finished second in the 100 free (1:00.29).
- Cara Dube finished second in the 100 butterfly (1:06.65).
- Samantha Smith finished second in the 100 breaststroke (1:15.52).
- Juliann Rossi (Marriottsville, Md./McDonogh) finished second in the 100 IM (1:08.65). She was also third in the 100 backstroke (1:08.58).
- Emma Perdue finished third in the 200 backstroke (2:24.49).
- Becca Sykes finished third in the 200 IM (2:28.84) and 100 free (1:01.28).
- Joanna Wattenberg finished third in the 50 free (27.44).
Top of Her Game: The following athletes turned in a season-best performance at the meet:
For the Foes: The following Elizabethtown athletes won events at the meet:
- Erika Cole won the 50 free (27.06).
- Erika Cole joined Karlie Kimball, Dru Schneider and Sara Lingo to win the 200 medley relay (2:04.44).
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at home against Bryn Mawr on Saturday. Meet time is 1 p.m.