- The Shorewomen (5-5, 3-4 CC) defeated the Green Terror (6-6, 1-6 CC) by a score of 120-80.
Striking Gold: The following athletes won a single event at the meet:
- Kelly Lewis won the 100 breaststroke (1:10.48).
- Syd Knadler (Crowley Lake, Calif./Mammoth), Sara Hegna (Brielle, N.J./Manasquan), Joanna Wattenberg (Monrovia, Md./Urbana) and Samantha Smith (Bangkok, Thailand/International School of Bangkok) teamed to win the 400 free relay (3:30.67).
Precious Metal: The following athletes finished second or third in an event at the meet:
- Samantha Smith finished second in the 50 free (25.88) and 100 butterfly (1:01.04).
- Syd Knadler finished second in the 200 IM (2:16.73) and 100 free (55.06).
- Cara Dube (Milford, Conn./Joseph A. Foran) finished second in the 100 backstroke (1:04.70).
- Carly Deickman (Bishopville, Md./Stephen Decatur) finished second in the 100 breaststroke (1:14.12).
- Becca Sykes (Collegeville, Pa./Methacton) finished third in the 1000 free (11:22.93).
- Emma Perdue (Grasonville, Md./Annapolis Area Christian) finished third in the 200 IM (2:23.14).
- Bryn Blanchard (Germantown, Md./Seneca Valley) finished third in the 100 breatstroke (1:15.01).
Top of Her Game: The following athletes turned in a season-best performance at the meet:
- Becca Sykes, 100 free, 11:22.93
- Melissa Fry, 200 free, 2:18.98
- Syd Knadler, 200 IM, 2:16.73
- Samantha Smith, 100 butterfly, 1:01.04
- Juliann Rossi, 100 butterfly, 1:04.39
- Knadler, Hegna, Wattenberg, Smith; 400 free relay; 3:30.67
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Syd Knadler now ranks sixth in the 200 IM (2:16.73).
- Becca Sykes now ranks 10th in the 1000 free (11:22.93).
For the Foes: The following Washington athletes won events at the meet:
- Julia Portmann won the 1000 free (10:59.61), 200 free (2:00.51) and 500 free (5:23.76).
- Katie Gorman won the 50 free (25.86).
- Ellen Maxwell won the 200 IM (2:15.16) and 100 backstroke (1:01.64).
- Lindsay Wiecki won the 100 butterfly (1:00.76).
- Jenni Clune won the 100 free (54.79).
- Maxwell, Clune and Wiecki joined Anna Schmittle to win the 200 medley relay (1:54.37).
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted by Franklin & Marshall on Friday through Sunday, Feb. 17-19. Action begins at 12 p.m. on Friday and resumes at 11 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.