CARLISLE, Pa. – Mollie Murphy (Short Hills, N.J./Millburn) won the 1,000 meters to lead McDaniel at the DuCharme Invitational hosted by Dickinson in women's indoor track and field action on Saturday.
- The Green Terror finished eighth at the 15-team meet with 28 points. Dickinson won its own invitational with 170 points.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won an event at the meet:
- Mollie Murphy won the 1000 with a time of 3:49.52.
Making a Point: The following athletes earned points at the meet:
- Shantae Byro (Baltimore, Md./Northwestern): 200, finishing fourth in a time of 29.08 seconds; triple jump, finishing eighth with a jump of 9.84 meters.
- Sydney Gonsalves (Hagerstown, Md./Barbara Ingram School for the Arts): 200, finishing seventh in a time of 29.67 seconds.
- Lucy Benson (Wilmington, Del./Sanford): 1000, finishing third in a time of 3:53.56.
- Arielle Latourette (Easton, Pa./Easton Area): triple jump, finishing sixth with a jump of 10.00 meters; long jump, finishing eighth with a jump of 4.68 meters.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Shantae Byro: 55, finishing 12th in a time of 7.80 seconds; triple jump, finishing eighth with a jump of 9.84 meters.
- Sydney Gonsalves: 55, finishing 19th in a time of 8.11 seconds.
- Arielle Latourette: long jump, finishing eighth with a jump of 4.68 meters; triple jump, finishing sixth with a jump of 10.00 meters.
Top of Her Game: The following athletes turned in a personal-best performance at the meet:
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Shantae Byro now ranks 10th in the 55 meters (7.80 seconds).
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the Hagerstown Invitational on Sunday, Feb. 19. Action begins at 11 a.m.