McDaniel (9-1, 1-0 CC) 3, Urisnus (5-6, 0-1 CC)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball opener
When: Friday, Sept. 14
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel never trailed in a 3-0 win over Ursinus in the Centennial Conference opener for both teams. The Green Terror took the opening set 25-15 before completing the sweep, 25-13 and 25-12.
• Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) recorded six kills and no errors to go with three total blocks.
• Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) posted a match-high eight kills and two blocks.
• Allie Lugar (Wilmington, Del./Dupont) chipped in seven kills to go with two aces and five digs.
• Makayla Patterson (Colorado Springs, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) added six kills with no errors on nine attempts to round out a balanced attack.
• Taylor Bauman (Charlottesville, Va./Albemarle) led the defense with 14 digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Kelly Piotrowicz led the attack with six kills to go with 12 digs and 10 assists.
• Grace Sullivan paced the defense with 15 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Leading 10-7 in the first set, Taylor Bauman served seven straight points to stretch the lead out to 17-7.
• In the second set, Isabel Paci (Ellicott City, Md./River Hill) keyed an 8-0 start to the set and Ursinus never got any closer.
• The third set started much the same way with Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) serving six straight points to start. The lead swelled to 14-3 en route to completing the sweep.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The Green Terror hit a season-best .283 on the night with 34 kills against just eight attacking errors.
• McDaniel held an opponent to negative hitting for the third time in 10 matches this season.
McDaniel returns to action at Gettysburg on Wednesday. Match time is 7 p.m.