No. 25 Johns Hopkins (15-3, 6-1 CC) 3, McDaniel (14-4, 4-3 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Wednesday, Oct. 10
Where: Baltimore, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins won the first two sets 25-14 and 25-18 before McDaniel took the third set, 25-19. The Blue Jays used an 18-4 run to capture the fourth set 25-18 and the match, 3-1.
• Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) recorded 17 assists, seven digs and an ace.
• Allie Lugar (Wilmington, Del./Dupont) led the attack with 14 kills.
• Makayla Patterson (Colorado Springs, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) added five total blocks.
• Taylor Bauman (Charlottesville, Va./Albemarle) chipped in 13 digs.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) contributed eight kills, nine digs and three aces.
FOR THE FOES
• Simone Bliss recorded 13 kills and 10 digs.
• Louisa Kishton added 11 kills.
• Esther Hong steadied the defense with 14 digs.
• Michelle Aby added 10 digs and five aces.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Trailing 4-2 in the first set, three of Michelle Abt's aces keyed a 10-0 run that gave Johns Hopkins a 12-4 lead en route to a 25-14 victory.
• After four ties early on, Marlowe Embry tied the set for the final time with a kill to make it 9-all before Simone Bliss and Micaelle Larrieux notched back-to-back kills for an 11-9 lead that the Blue Jays did not relinquish in a 25-18 victory.
• Two Marlowe Embry aces and an Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) ace keyed an 8-4 start to the third set for the Green Terror. Johns Hopkins rallied to draw the set even at 12-all. Deadlocked at 14-all, Embry knocked down an ace and Lorenzen added a kill to give the visitors the lead for good in a 25-19 win.
• Trailing 7-3 on an Allie Lugar kill, Eleni Panagopoulos knocked down a kill and then added an ace to ignite a match-clinching 18-4 run.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The eight total blocks for the Green Terror was its most in a conference match this season.
McDaniel returns to action in a trimatch at Elizabethtown with Manhattanville on Saturday. The first match is at 11 a.m.