York (Pa.) (19-8) 3, McDaniel (18-7) 1
What: Non-Conference volleyball match
When: Saturday, Oct. 27
Where: St. David's, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
York took the first two sets 25-19 and 25-18 before McDaniel captured the third set, 25-15. The Spartans wrapped up the four-set win with a 25-17 victory.
FOR THE FOES
• Brooke Krebs led the Spartans with 14 kills and 13 digs.
• Eryn Brady added 10 kills.
• Alexis Harbold chipped in 21 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• A Brook Krebs kill keyed a 7-3 start to the first set for York. Back-to-back Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) kills closed the deficit to 7-6. Tied at 10-all, a service error and Alexandra Dailey kill sparked a 5-0 run to open up a 15-10 lead en route to a 25-19 win.
• The Spartans jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the second set and never trailed for a 25-18 win.
• In the third set, Abigail Hernandez (Gaithersburg, Md./Richard Montgomery) and Emma Lorenzen helped serve McDaniel to a 13-2 lead en route to a 25-15 victory.
• A Heather Secrist ace capped a 3-0 start for York in Set No. 4 and the lead ballooned to 19-12 on back0to-back Hannah Siaurusaitis kills en route to a 25-17 victory.