McDaniel (22-8) 3, Penn State-Behrend (20-11) 1
What: ECAC Division III volleyball tournament quarterfinals
When: Saturday, Nov. 10
Where: Radnor, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won the first two sets 25-16 and 25-21 before Penn State-Behrend notched a 25-19 victory in the third set. The Green Terror wrapped up the quarterfinal win with a 25-15 victory.
FOR THE FOES
• Alex Parra led the Lion attack with 10 kills.
• Madison Clapper steadied the defense with 16 digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• An Amanda Henry ace gave Penn State-Behrend a 3-1 lead in the opening set before a Marlowe Embry kill helped McDaniel draw even. Tied at 5-all, Embry knocked down a second kill in the set to spark a 5-2 burst. The Lions drew even at 12-all before the teams traded points. Embry, however, followed with a knockdown to spark a 12-3 finish to the set.
• The second set was back and forth through the first half of the set. Tied at 12-all on a service error, Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) followed with an ace. The lead swelled to as large as 22-16. After the teams traded points, Emily Archer knocked down a kill to help close the deficit to 23-19 en route to a 25-21 win.
• Behind two kills from Kristin Reiland, Penn State-Behrend jumped out to a 5-1 lead in the third set and the Lions never trailed in a 25-19 victory.
• After the teams traded points to open the fourth set, the Green Terror reeled off four straight points for a 5-1 lead and never trailed to wrap up the victory with a 25-15 win.
1THE INSIDE STORY
• The victory was the Green Terror's first in five ECAC tournament appearances.
• The two semifinals will take place at Cabrini on Sunday followed by the championship match at 5 p.m.
McDaniel will play Lebanon Valley in the second semifinal on Sunday. Match time is 2 p.m.