HAVERFORD, Pa. – Carinna Powell (Chesapeake Beach, Md./Northern) finished 77th to lead McDaniel to a 10th-place finish at the 2016 Centennial Conference (CC) women's cross country championship on Saturday.
Time and Score:
- The Green Terror finished 10th at the meet with 315 points. A total of 109 runners competed at the 6,000-meter distance. Johns Hopkins won the 10-team championship meet on the Haverford campus course with 21 points for its ninth straight title. Dickinson was second with 75 points. Haverford (83), Swarthmore (101), Gettysburg (132), Muhlenberg (138), Bryn Mawr (230), Franklin & Marshall (243) and Ursinus (249) rounded out the field.
Heads of the Class:
- Carinna Powell turned in a time of 25:40.0 to lead McDaniel in the race.
Five of a Kind: The following athletes rounded out the scoring five at the meet:
- Steph Becker (New Oxford, Pa./New Oxford) finished 85th (26:05.3).
- Sarah Lighter (Olney, Md./Good Counsel) finished 102nd (27:28.7).
- Jill Shephard (Monkton, Md./North Harford) finished 106th (28:20.2)
- Mable Buchanan (Westminster, Md./North Carroll) finished 107th (28:29.9)
- Mollie Murphy (Short Hills, N.J./Millburn) finished 109th (31:21.6)
Top of Her Game: The following athletes turned in their personal best 6K time at the meet:
- Carinna Powell bettered her previous best time by 43 seconds.
- Steph Becker bettered her previous best time by 1 minute, 11 seconds.
- Sarah Lighter bettered her previous best time by 29 seconds.
- Jill Shephard bettered her previous best time by 1 minute, 55 seconds.
- Mable Buchanan bettered her previous best by 1 minute, 49 seconds.
- Mollie Murphy bettered her previous best by 1 minute, 41 seconds.
Making the List: The following athletes turned in a top-15 all-time Green Terror time on the course.
- Carinna Powell ranks sixth (25:40.0).
- Steph Becker ranks seventh (26:05.3).
- Sarah Lighter ranks 12th (27:28.7).
Next Up: The Green Terror is back in action at the NCAA Mideast Regional hosted by DeSales on Saturday, Nov. 12 beginning at 11 a.m.