Below are instructions that all McDaniel student-athletes must follow in order to be eligible to compete on an intercollegiate team.
1. Create a free profile account through the NCAA Eligibility Center: https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/register/PROFILE. If you are asked to pay for a certification account you are not in the correct place. You want a profile account and that is free. If you already have an NCAA ID# from previously registering, you can skip this step.
2. Once that’s complete, e-mail the following information to your coach. Do not make any mistakes. This needs to be exact! Double/Triple check the numbers, symbols, and letters that you are typing.
a. NCAA ID#
b. E-mail address you used to register
c. First Name – If you registered previously with a nickname, give this to your coach.
d. Last Name – Again, if you have two last names, know if you hyphenated.
e. Date of Birth – Month, Day, 4-digit year exactly like this: 7/10/1997
f. City and State
i. or City and Country
ii. or City and Province
3. The final step is completing your eligibility certification. You’ll receive an e-mail from the NCAA during the summer with instructions on certifying your eligibility. JUST SIGNING UP FOR THE PROFILE IS NOT ENOUGH. THE NCAA WILL SEND AN E-MAIL OVER THE SUMMER TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED ON THAT PROFILE PAGE. THAT E-MAIL CONTAINS A LINK FOR YOU TO COMPLETE THE MANDATORY ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTS. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE ALL OF THOSE ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTS, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PRACTICE OR COMPETE.
1. You do not have to re-register with the Eligibility Center.
2. You will have to complete your eligibility certification. You’ll receive an e-mail from the NCAA during the summer with instructions on certifying your eligibility. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE ALL OF THOSE ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTS, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PRACTICE OR COMPETE.