McDaniel (4-4) 11, Penn State-Brandywine (5-6) 3
What: Non-conference baseball game
When: Wednesday, Mar. 13
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored three runs in each of the second, third and fourth innings to key an 11-3 win over Penn State-Brandywine.
• DJ Biscoe (Millersville, Md./Old Mill) led the Green Terror with three hits that included his second and third career triples. He also had a bunt single. He added had two RBIs and two runs scored.
• Julian Jenkins (Tempe, Ariz./Desert Vista) added a 4-for-4 day at the plate with an RBI and run scored.
• Austin Fry (Sunbury, Pa./Shamokin) pitched three innings of scoreless relief, striking out three and allowing just one hit to pick up the win.
FOR THE FOES
• Tom Donahue led the Lions with a 3-for-4 day.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Colin Franke (Highland Mills, N.Y./Cornwall Central) drew a walk to lead off the bottom of the first before stealing second. He took third on a fly out before scoring on a Tim Griest (Lititz, Pa./Warwick) RBI groundout for a 1-0 lead.
• TJ McGuire (Blue Point, N.Y./Bayport-Blue Point) led off the home second with a single up the middle before a DJ Biscoe triple to the left-center gap made it a 2-0 game. Jack Slater (Hebron, Conn./Rham) followed with a single up the middle to make it 3-0 before a throwing error on a Julian Jenkins sacrifice stretched the advantage to 4-0.
• Joe Hurley roped a one-out double to the gap before a pair of RBI singles from Ben Mutz and Brian Reynolds cut the deficit to 4-2 in the top of the third.
• After a dropped popup to start the bottom of the frame, Naquan Holden (Brooklyn, N.Y./Perkiomen School) singled up the middle for a 5-2 edge. A Biscoe one-out triple to the right-center gap stretched the lead to 6-2 before Jenkins knocked him in with a two-out single.
• Jarod Pezzano (Stevensville, Md./Kent Island) doubled to lead off the fourth. After an Evan Finch (Laurel, Md./St. John's College) walk and wild pitch, Griest doubled down the line to score both runners and stretch the lead to 9-2. McGuire added a sacrifice fly to plate Griest for a 10-2 lead.
• A Jenkins double, wild pitch and Franke sacrifice fly made it 11-2 in the fifth.
• Tom Donohue and Reynolds each singled to lead off the eighth before a walk loaded the bases. The Green Terror turned a double play and allowed the run to score for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Tim Griest had three RBIs on the afternoon.
• Naquan Holden and TJ McGuire had two hits each.
• Zach Fortuna (Metuchen, N.J./Metuchen) made the start on the mound, striking out five in four innings.
McDaniel returns to action in the first of its eight-game trip to the RussMatt Central Florida Invitational with a doubleheader against Ramapo on Sunday. The first game begins at 11 a.m.