No. 16 Johns Hopkins (20-7, 6-2 CC) 13, McDaniel (9-15-1, 1-7 CC) 3
What: Centennial Conference (CC) baseball game
When: Friday, Apr. 12
Where: Baltimore, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins, ranked 16th in the latest D3baseball.com poll, hit seven home run to help with a 13-3 win over McDaniel.
• Colin Franke (Highland Mills, N.Y./Cornwall Central) led the Green Terror with two hits, including his first home run.
• Evan Finch (Laurel, Md./St. John's College) went 2-for-3 with an RBI.
• DJ Biscoe (Millersville, Md./Old Mill) added two hits with
FOR THE FOES
• Chris Festa led the Blue Jays with two hits and six RBIs. He belted a pair of three-run home runs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Colin Franke led off the game with a home run to left for his first roundtripper. A one-out DJ Biscoe single and Tim Griest (Lititz, Pa./Warwick) walk put runners at first and second. After a strikeout, Evan Finch singled to center to score Biscoe for a 2-0 lead.
• Tim Kutcher and Mike Eberle drew back-to-back walks in the bottom of the inning before Chris Festa went deep to left for a 3-2 lead.
• Solo home runs from Brad Parsons and Kutcher in the second made it a 5-2 game.
• Nate Davis and Chris DeGiacomo blasted back-to-back two-out home runs in the fifth for a 7-2 lead.
• In the sixth, Kutcher drew a two-out walk before an Eberle double and Festa's second three-run home run of the game made it a 10-2 game.
• A Biscoe two-out home run in the seventh made it a 10-3 game.
• AJ King homered with one out in the bottom of the inning before Matt Ritchie and Parsons drew back-to-back walks. After two more walks forced in Ritchie, a ground ball allowed Parsons to score for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• DJ Biscoe hit his first home of the season. His last home run also came against Johns Hopkins.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Muhlenberg on Saturday. The first game of the doubleheader begins at 12 p.m.