Dickinson (21-8, 8-3 CC) 9, McDaniel (9-18-1, 1-10 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) baseball game
When: Tuesday, Apr. 16
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson scored three runs in the fifth inning to get on the board first and top McDaniel, 9-0.
• Tim Griest (Lititz, Pa./Warwick) led the Green Terror with two hits.
FOR THE FOES
• Ben Rappaport went the distance on the hill for the Red Devils, scattering five hits and striking out five for the shutout.
• Alex Cohen led the offense with four hits and three RBIs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• The teams combined to put baserunners on in seven of the first eight half-innings but both starting pitchers worked out it each time to keep it a scoreless game heading to the fifth. A leadoff walk to Max Brown and a fielder's choice put one on with one out. After a flyout, Brendan Pell doubled home Chris Delsandro for a 1-0 lead. Max Matilsky singled to put runners at the corners. After a stolen base, Cohen poked a single to the gap to stretch the lead to 3-0.
• An error, stolen base and two-out Delsandro single in the fourth made it a 4-0 game.
• After Ben Carter drew a leadoff walk and stole second, five straight two-out hits that included a two-run Alex Jacobson double accounted for a five-run eighth inning to set the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Zach Fortuna (Metuchen, N.J./Metuchen) struck out six in seven innings of work for the Green Terror.
McDaniel concludes the home-and-home series with Dickinson in Carlisle on Thursday. Game time is 3:30 p.m.