McDaniel (11-20-1, 3-12 CC) 7, Gettysburg (15-18, 4-11 CC) 2
What: Centennial Conference (CC) baseball game
When: Tuesday, Apr. 23
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel took a 4-0 lead through five innings en route to a 7-2 victory over Gettysburg.
• Zach Fortuna (Metuchen, N.J./Metuchen) went the distance on the mound, scattering 11 hits and striking out six in the victory.
• DJ Biscoe (Millersville, Md./Old Mill) went 4-for-4 at the plate with three doubles and three RBIs.
• Julian Jenkins (Tempe, Ariz./Desert Vista) added his second straight four-hit game.
FOR THE FOES
• Andrew Decker was 3-for-5 at the plate for the Bullets.
• Ryan LaCoe also went 3-for-5 on the afternoon.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Julian Jenkins singled to the gap with one out in the top of the first before moving to third on a DJ Biscoe single. Jenkins then scored on a double steal for a 1-0 lead.
• Jenkins roped a two-out single to left in the third before moving to second on a wild pitch and scoring on a Biscoe double to make it 2-0.
• With two outs in the fifth, Jenkins tripled down the line and scored on Biscoe double. A Tim Griest (Warwick, Pa./Lititz) single plated Biscoe for a 4-0 advantage.
• Sean Murphy led off the home sixth with a single before a one-out infield single from Shane Manieri. After a flyout put runners at the corners with two outs, Ryan Augustus doubled to score both runners and make it a 4-2 game.
• A Colin Franke (Highland Mills, N.Y./Cornwall Central) double, stolen base and throwing error made it 5-2 in the seventh.
• The Bullets loaded the bases on singles by Matt Muir, Andrew Decker and Ryan LaCue with no outs in the bottom of the seventh but a fly ball and double play kept it a three-run game.
• Jenkins singled to lead off the ninth before a stolen base and Biscoe double down the line made it 6-2. Griest followed with an RBI single to set the final margin.
McDaniel and Gettysburg conclude the home-and-home series in Westminster on Friday. Game time is 3:30 p.m.