No. 24 Franklin & Marshall (3-0, 2-0 CC) 21, McDaniel (1-2, 0-2 CC) 14
What: Centennial Conference (CC) football game
When: Saturday, Sept. 15
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Each team scored on their first offensive possession and added a second-quarter touchdown before Franklin & Marshall tacked on a third score in the fourth quarter for a 21-14 win over McDaniel.
• Jarius Ransom (Williamstown, N.J./Williamstown) led the defense with 10 tackles.
• Joey Cornwell (Rockville, Md./Rockville) averaged 40.5 yards on eight punts, including dropping three inside the 20.
• Isaac Murray (Columbia, Md./Atholton) rushed for 59 yards on 11 carries.
• Tyler Palermiti (Hudson, Fla./Dunedin) completed 16 of 25 passes for 155 yards in his first collegiate start.
FOR THE FOES
• Joe Hartley-Vittoria carried the ball 26 times for 112 yards with a touchdown.
• Tanner Erisman went 14-for-25 for 152 yards.
• Joe Granahan recorded nine tackles, including 3.5 for loss and 2.5 sacks.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• McDaniel started its opening possession at the 25-yard line and Tyler Palermiti engineered an 11-play drive that Isaac Murray capped with a five-yard touchdown run for a 7-0 lead with 9:54 to play in the opening quarter.
• Franklin & Marshall countered with a 15-play drive of its own, covering 72 yards in 8:54. Tanner Erisman found Kevin Lammersfor a two-yard score on third-and-goal
• Taking over at its own 46 just nine seconds into the second quarter, Keshon Farmer put toghether back-to-back runs, covering 39 yards on the second carry for a 14-7 lead.
• Another nine-play, 69-yard drive midway through the quarter allowed the Green Terror to tie the game. Two plays after recovering a fumble at the one-yard line for a first-and-goal, John Chamberlin (Williamstown, N.J./Williamstown) punched it in to even the game with 3:32 showing.
• The defenses combined to allow just four first downs over the next nearly 19 minutes before the Diplomats started with the ball at their own 36. Seven plays later, Joe Hartley-Vittoria scored from one yard out for a 21-14 lead with 11:59 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Jarius Ransom recorded double-digit tackles for the second straight week.
• Franklin & Marshall outgained McDaniel 173-66 after holding a 151-150 edge in total offense in the first half.
McDaniel returns to action at Gettysburg on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.