No. 16 Johns Hopkins (9-1, 8-1 CC) 42, McDaniel (3-7, 2-7 CC) 17
What: Centennial Conference (CC) football game
When: Saturday, Nov. 10
Where: Baltimore, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins, ranked 16th in the latest D3football.com poll, scored 21 of the final 28 points to top McDaniel 42-17 in the regular-season finale.
• Brendan Bandy (Abington, Md./Patterson Mill) had seven catches for 70 yards.
• Matt Schleifer (Brick, N.J./Brick Twp.) had two touchdown receptions among his four catches for 38 yards.
• Anthony Crawley (Baltimore, Md./Baltimore City College) led the defense with 14 tackles.
FOR THE FOES
• Stuart Walters ran for 120 yards and three touchdowns.
• David Tammaro completed 23 of 32 passes for 232 yards and two touchdowns.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Stuart Walters capped a seven-play, 59-yard drive with a two-yard touchdown run for a 7-0 lead with 9:57 to play in the first quarter. David Tammaro opened the drive with a 27-yard pass play to Dane Rogerson to key the drive.
• McDaniel responded with a 14-play drive that ate up 6 minutes, 31 seconds. Matt Schleifer caught an eight-yard touchdown pass in the corner of the end zone to draw the game even at 7-all.
• After taking over at the McDaniel 29, Walters found the end zone four plays later for a 14-7 lead two plays into the second quarter.
• A 16-play, 66-yard drive ended with a 12-yard touchdown grab by Ryan Hubley for a 21-7 lead with 6:27 to play in the second quarter.
• Peyton Denlinger (Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg) connected on a 36-yard field goal to make it a 21-10 game with 2:26 to play in the opening half.
• A Tyler Messinger 10-yard touchdown catch made it 28-10 with 10:02 to play in the third quarter.
• Walters added a second touchdown, scampering 77 yards for a 35-10 advantage with 8:05 on the clock.
• Schleifer grabbed a second touchdown, scoring from 10 yards out to cap a 15-play, 88-yard drive with 14:22 to play.
• The Blue Jays responded with a 5-play, 57-yard drive that took just 1:34. Luke McFadden capped the drive with a 16-yard touchdown grab with 12:41 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Brendan Bandy's 70 yards receiving more than doubled his season total entering the game.
• It was Matt Schleifer's first career multiple-touchdown game.
• The 14 tackles was a career best for Anthony Crawley.
• Johns Hopkins claimed a share of its 10th straight CC title and earned the automatic qualifier into the NCAA tournament.
The Green Terror opens the 2019 season at home against Misericordia.