Ursinus (3-2, 1-0 CC) 7, McDaniel (0-5, 0-1 CC) 2
What: Centennial Conference (CC) field hockey opener
When: Saturday, Sept. 15
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Tied at 2-all at halftime, Ursinus scored five goals in the second half to capture a 7-2 win in the conference opener for both teams.
• Jensyn Koontz (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) scored her first goal of the season.
• Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) staked McDaniel to an early 1-0 lead.
• Paige Ford (Edgewater, Md./South River) made 12 saves in 61 minutes of action.
FOR THE FOES
• Brianne Nicholas led the Bears with two goals.
• Gemma Dufoe, Mikayla Jordan and Devon Carroll had a goal and an assist each.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Megan Quattrone collected a loose ball on a rebound and knocked it home for a 1-0 lead just 4:06 into the game.
• Jamie Mayer flipped in a Gemma Dufoe pass just over three minutes later to tie the game.
• Erin Saybolt knocked home a ball that was deflected in front of the cage for a 2-1 lead in the 15th minute.
• Jensyn Koontz put home a rebound off a defensive save in the 23rd minute to make it a tie game at the break.
• Mikayla Jordan was on the post and put home a rebound in the 43rd minute to give Ursinus the lead for good.
• Dufoe scored in the 48th minute before Brianne Nicholas scored twice in a 1-minute, 24-second span for a 6-2 lead.
• Devon Carroll rocketed home a shot in the 69th minute for the final score.
THE INSIDE STORY
• It was Jensyn Koontz's first collegiate goal. She entered the day with four assists.
• Ursinus finished with a 22-5 advantage in shots, including 12-0 in the second half.
• The Bears also held a 21-3 advantage in penalty corners.
McDaniel returns to action at Gettysburg on Wednesday. Game time is 4 p.m.