Gettysburg (5-1, 2-0 CC) 6, McDaniel (0-6, 0-2 CC) 2
What: Centennial Conference (CC) field hockey game
When: Wednesday, Sept. 19
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Gettysburg scored four straight goals to break a 1-all deadlock and open up a three-goal lead with 23 minutes to play, topping McDaniel, 6-2.
FOR THE FOES
• Julia Soares scored two goals for the Bullets.
• Grace Torrance had a goal and two assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• For the second straight game, Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) staked McDaniel to an early lead, scoring on a ball from the top of the arc just 6:55 into the game.
• Julia Soares evened the game in the 19th minute on a ball hit from outside of the arc but touched on the way through.
• A Grace Torrance penalty stroke gave Gettysburg the lead just over three minutes later.
• Charlotte DiPrete stretched the lead to 3-1 at the break on a deflection from a baseline pass by Torrance.
• Soares lofted a ball from the middle of the circle in the 47th minute for a 4-1 lead.
• Madison Downey converted a penalty stroke for her first collegiate point at the 56:03 mark.
• Jamie Mayer flipped in a Gemma Dufoe pass just over three minutes later to tie the game.
• Christine Orio scord in the 65th minute and Lauren Beccaria set the final margin with 45 ticks remaining.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Gettysburg finished with advantages of 39-8 in shots and 21-4 in penalty corners.
McDaniel returns to action at Swarthmore on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.