McDaniel (1-7) 7, Eastern Mennonite (6-2) 1
What: Non-Conference field hockey game
When: Wednesday, Sept. 26
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
After the teams traded goals in the first four minutes, McDaniel scored the game's final six markers for a 7-1 victory over Eastern Mennonite.
• Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) recorded three goals and an assist, tallying the final three goals of the game for a natural hat trick.
• Madison Jamison (Davidsonville, Md./South River) recorded two goals and an assist.
FOR THE FOES
• Rachel Breslin scored the Royals' lone goal.
• Kelsey Troyer made 15 saves in goal for EMU.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Off a corner, Madison Jamison finished from the middle of the circle on a Madison Downey (Millersville, Md./Old Mill) pass from the top just 1:13 into the game.
• Rachel Breslin collected a loose ball on the right post and finished to tie the game just 2:32 later.
• Emily Farrell (Hampton, Va./Kecoughton) knocked back a Megan Quattrone shot-and-save for a 2-1 lead at the 6:17 mark.
• After Madison Jamison dribbled down field and sent the ball in front of the cage, Emily Houska (Shrewbury, Pa./Susquehannock) was on the back post to collect the loose ball and knock it into the back of the net for a 3-1 lead in the ninth minute.
• Jamison was able to tip a hard Quattrone shot from the top into the back of the net for a 4-1 lead in the 26th minute.
• Jamison returned the favor just before a lightning delay, taking a feed and moving around the keeper and finishing for a 5-1 lead in the 45th minute.
• Quattrone blasted a shot in the 56th minute that went off the keeper's hands and up into the top of the net.
• Quattrone capped her hat trick with a diving shot from the right side in the 64th minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• It was Megan Quattrone first collegiate hat trick.
• The win marked the first of Kellina Yarrish's Green Terror coaching career.
• The seven goals were the most in a game for McDaniel since a 9-0 win over Bryn Mawr in 2015.
• It was the first hat trick by a Green Terror player since Gabrielle Yore in 2015.
• The game was interrupted by a 2-hour, 30-minute lightning delay with 24:11 remaining in the contest.
• McDaniel finished with a 26-9 advantage in shots and 11-4 edge in penalty corners.
McDaniel returns to action at Gettysburg on Wednesday. Game time is 4 p.m.