Washington (Md.) (2-8, 2-2 CC) 4, McDaniel (1-8, 0-4 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) field hockey game
When: Saturday, Sept. 29
Where: Chestertown, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Washington (Md.) scored three times in the game's first 7:41 en route to a 4-1 win over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Kailyn Brandt scored two goals for the Shorewomen.
• Grace Steele added two goals of her own.
• Kayla Zapcic made six second-half saces.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Grace Steele completed a cross from Olivia Auer just 2:07 into the game.
• The same duo connected nearly five minutes later.
• Kailyn Brandt blasted a shot from just inside the circle 37 seconds later for a 3-0 lead.
• Brandt made it a two-goal afternoon just 3:03 into the second half.
• Megan Quattrone blasted a shot of her own to get the visitors on the scoreboard with 2:27 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Washington finished with a 30-13 advantage in shots.
• The Shorewomen also had an 11-7 edge in penalty corners.
McDaniel returns to action at home against No. 12 Franklin & Marshall on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.