No. 10 Johns Hopkins (11-2, 6-0 CC) 5, McDaniel (2-9, 0-6 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) field hockey game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 16
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins scored three first-half goals en route to remain undefeated in conference play with a 5-0 win over McDaniel.
• Emily Farrell (Hampton, Va./Kecoughtan) led the Green Terror with two defensive saves.
• Madison Downey (Millersville, Md./Old Mill) also made two defensive saves.
• Paige Ford (Edgewater, Md./South River) made 11 saves in goal.
FOR THE FOES
• Michaela Corvi scored two goals to lead the Blue Jays.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After an evenly played first 11 minutes, Michaela Corvi finished a centering pass from Megan Abate to stake Johns Hopkins to a 1-0 lead at the 11:15 mark.
• Abby Birk doubled the advantage in the final minute of the first quarter.
• With one minute left in the second quarter, Corvi made a diving attempt at a Myra Granato redirect for a 3-0 lead at the break.
• Olivia Fox fired home a shot from the top-right side of the circle that made its way into the back of the cage for a 4-0 lead in the 56th minute.
• Just 1:36 later, Siena Urbanski knocked a ball over the line from the right post for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• With her two defensive saves, Emily Farrell now has 19 for her career, establishing a program-best mark.
• Madison Downey now has 17 career defensive saves, which is tied for second all-time.
• Johns Hopkins finished with advantages of 28-3 in shots and 10-2 in penalty corners.
McDaniel returns to action at Haverford on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.