McDaniel finishes fourth with B-Team
What: Penn State-Harrisburg Invitational in men's golf action
When: Sunday, Sept. 16-Monday, Sept. 17
Where: Country Club of Harrisburg – Harrisburg, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel finished fourth with its B-Team at the Penn State-Harrisburg Invitational, posting a 36-hole total of 632. After carding a first-round score of 317, the Green Terror turned in a score of 315 over the second 18.
• Anthony Barr (Harleysville, Pa./Souderton Area) finished tied for seventh in his first collegiate 36-hole tournament with a score of 153, carding a 74 on Sunday and 79 on Monday.
• Ryan McGarry (North Easton, Mass./Oliver Ames) was tied for 13th overall with a score of 158, carding a 79 in the first round and 78 in the second round.
FOR THE FOES
• Jared Berlin carded a round of four-under par 67 on Sunday to win the individual title and lead Franklin & Marshall to the team title with a 604 (304-300).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Mike Mandel (New York, N.Y./New Hartford) placed 15th with a score of 159 (80-79).
• Adam Gibbs (Virginia Beach, Va./Frank W. Cox) tied for 19th overall with a score of 162 (84-78).
• Brendan Shay (Mechanicsburg, Pa./Mechanicsburg Area) rounded out the Green Terror five with a score of 170 (85-85) to place 30th.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Ryan Sember's round of 71 was seven strokes better than his best round as a freshman.
• Ryan McGarry's round of 70 established not only a low round for him but a low round for any McDaniel player this season.
• It's the known time in program history that two Green Terror golfers carded a sub-par score in the same round.
McDaniel returns to action with the A-Team at the Elizabethtown Blue Jay Invitational on Tuesday.